- On October 14, 2020
As of 13th October 2020, Microsoft Office 2010 Reached End of Support
What Does This Mean?
“End of support” which is sometimes referred to as “end of life” means Microsoft will no longer provide technical support or software and security updates for Office 2010 as of 13th October 2020. The software will continue to function, but your business may be exposed to security risks and updating is recommended.
Upgrade to Microsoft 365
If you are still running Microsoft Office 2010, you should consider upgrading to Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) a cloud-based subscription service charged on a per user per month basis that brings together Office apps with powerful cloud services, device management and advanced security.
Office 2010 Vs Microsoft 365
Office 2010 hasn’t had any new features added in almost 10 years. Compared to Office 2010, with Microsoft 365 you can experience:
- Smarter Apps – Premium versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint help with built-in intelligence and let you co-author, dictate into documents and get real-time data. Available as both cloud-based and local apps.
- Collaboration – Easily share and collaborate with other by making edits and offering feedback in real time. Get access to Microsoft Teams so your team can chat, meet, call and collaborate, all in one place, no matter where they are.
- Anytime, Anywhere Accessibility – Access and save your files securely from anywhere on any device.
- Enhanced Security – Including ransomware protection, file recovery options, password-protected link sharing and much more.
- Automatic Updates – Rest assured that you will always experience the benefits of the latest releases and most up-to-date features with automatic updates.
How Wicresoft Can Help
As Microsoft Partner of the Year 2019 and Finalist in 2020, Wicresoft are well-placed to provide advisory services and operational support services around Microsoft products.
Get in Touch with us for more information on Microsoft 365. Please call us on 03707 551515 or email us