Windows 7 End of Support: Key Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10 Before the Deadline
- On November 14, 2018
By now, you may be aware that after January 14th 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs or laptops running Windows 7. Although this is still just over 12 months away, there are some immediate benefits of upgrading to Windows 10 which you may wish to bear in mind:
The Latest Office Applications Can Only Run on Windows 10
Office 2019 was released by Microsoft on 24th September this year. If you are an Office 365 subscriber, Microsoft will be pushing out the option to upgrade in phases and you may already have received a notification to update. However, if you are running Windows 7, although you are paying for Office 365 subscription, you will not be able to upgrade to the latest Microsoft Office applications and take advantage of all the latest features and enhancements.
Enhanced Security Features
- BitLocker Drive Encryption is a free-of-charge data protection feature available on Windows 10. It enables you to encrypt all your hard drives so if a device is ever lost or stolen, your data is still protected – it also helps demonstrate a commitment to GDPR compliance.
- Windows Defender SmartScreen detects and blocks suspicious and malicious sites, applications and files.
How Can Brighter Connections Help?
- Windows 10 Licences – We can supply licenses through the traditional licensing model or through monthly subscription (for Windows 10 Enterprise Licences)
- Services – We can audit your existing PC/Laptop estate, provide assistance to help you transition from Windows 7 to 10 and help upgrade hardware where necessary
- Hardware Supply – We can recommend and supply new PCs and laptops, if required, which will support Windows 10.
Contact us on 03707 551515 for further information or email us